Executive Meeting Minutes
March 15, 2011
Loews Coronado Bay Resort
San Diego, CA
In attendance: Moheb Ghali, Ramona Mellott, Fred Hall, Margrit von Braun, Carl Fox, Joseph Benoit, Peter Dorhout, Linda La Grange, Gerardo Gonzalez
The Executive Committee members reviewed and approved the 2010 Annual Meeting minutes. The treasurer’s report was also reviewed and approved.
Carl initiated a discussion of possibly delegating the various tasks associated with planning and implementing the WAGS Annual meeting. He suggested the following:
- An Executive Committee member would be responsible for seeking out meeting sponsors as well as identifying potential new affiliate members. This person could also follow up on our drive to expand WAGS regular membership.
- Another committee member could take charge of the thesis/ETS awards process.
- There should be stronger involvement of the chair-elect in planning the meeting program.
- In terms of new initiatives, Carl had a few suggestions that included:
- Using the Gmail account that Donna Negaard established, offer a kind of blog site that is somewhat similar to that of CGS.
- Establishing a Google forum in the educational category.
- Forming a Google group through which we could invite new members.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:20 pm.