Is WAGS a 501c3 non-profit?
Who can join WAGS?
WAGS is a regional association affiliated with the Council of Graduate Schools. There are two different types of members:
- Full Members: Accredited institutions of higher education in the Western United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Pacific Rim that offer Master’s and/or Doctoral degrees.
- Affiliate Members: Organizations and entities (excluding those in category 1 above) that are state or corporate sponsors of our annual WAGS meeting.
Why should my institution become a member of WAGS?
Membership has many benefits, including but not limited to:
- Annual Conference: Discounted registration rates for all employees from member institutions at our annual WAGS Conference
- Competition: The winner of your 3MT competition can compete at our WAGS Regional 3MT for prizes and recognition; the winner and audience choice awardee or runner-up will be invited to compete at the CGS National 3MT competition
- Awards: Ability to nominate your students for WAGS awards
- Leadership: Each year WAGS holds an election to seat our Board; members are encouraged to run and participate in the leadership of WAGS
How much does it cost to join WAGS?
Membership in WAGS costs $300 per year per institution. This provides membership benefits to as many staff as you’d like to include.
How does my institution become a member?
For more details and to become a WAGS member, please visit our Membership webpage.