Western Association of Graduate Schools
Fargo, North Dakota
Present: Linda La Grange, Ramona Mellott, David Wittrock, Becky
Aanerud, Elisa Mattison, Laura Bender, Jodie Hanzlik, Lorie
Liebrock, Donna White, Wade Parkhouse
There was $42,966.96 in the WAGS bank account as of 03/30/14.
We discussed the dates for the planning meeting to be held in
Anchorage. It was first suggested that the meeting be held September 26-28. However, there were some schedule conflicts, and the meeting date was moved to September 21-23, 2014.
The solicitation for the theses competitions will be sent to the members next week.
Suggestions for the Future
- Increase the number of staff-specific presentation at the spring meeting
- Have a WAGS recruiting table at the December CGS meeting
- Make spring conference schedule available to CGS attendees
- Donna volunteered to coordinate the WAGS dinner we hold every year at CGS
- We should increase our outreach efforts to include Mexico,
Pacific Rim, and more Canadian universities
- Should we consider going back to our previous spring meeting schedule of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?
- Ask CGS to schedule the Summer institute in Canada (for instance, Whistler)
The meeting was adjourned by tacit agreement over the dinner entrée.